Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LUSH Cosmetics Skin Nanny Review

*The Claims for Skin Nanny*


Protects your face from the effects of the sun

Skin Nanny is the natural way to protect your skin from wrinkles. If you are going out in the sun and want to look after your skin, you've got to choose a moisturizer with some protection. Skin Nanny has natural AHAs from the fresh apple juice, helping to combat free radicals. It's all part of our holistic approach to keeping your skin bright by using the whole fruit.

Heavy duty moisture soak.

Starflower oil moisturizes and hydrates your skin. Skin Nanny's C and E vitamins come naturally with almond and hibiscus oils to penetrate your skin and smooth wrinkles.

Cold-Pressed Oils

We use cold-pressed oils because they are the finest quality available and combine to make skin instantly soft.
*My Experience with the Moisturizer:*
  • Price: Original size - 45g for $48.95 CAD;  Sample size: $5
  • Texture: The rich moisturizer is very heavy, thick, and creamy kinda like Vaseline.  The product melts on contact with my skin i.e. the cream turns into oil.
  • Effectiveness: I have combination skin; oily t-zone in the spring and summer, and super dry skin in the winter. It's a great night cream but the product is too heavy for day use for me. Suprisingly the cream doesn't clog my pores (yayyyy)! With Skin Nanny my skin is blemish-free, and much smoother and softer.
  • Scent: Heavenly like a combination of sweet exotic flowers and lavender
  • Cons: It's expensive! 
  • Bottom line:I would recommend this product for people who have dry skin and those individuals who are looking for a luxurious night cream.
  • Grade: 8.5/10

3 comments:

Aimi said...

Oh god! I looooooove the smell of Skin Nanny. I think I would just buy it for the scent. I wish they had a perfume in that scent. Anways, Skin Nanny is a great night cream esp. for around the eye area.

Unknown said...

Holy smokes! I hope they kiss you before you buy the large tub! Hmmm, since the cream turns into oil on contact it makes me wonder how much product you need to use...perhaps...it is a good investment since you get a lot of product. Let me know! TIA

Unknown said...

I wonder if there is a dupe of Skin Nanny out there....hmmmmm

Post a Comment