Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 Review

Hello Readers!

I realized it's been sometime since I have reviewed a product. Oh, how time flies! I  bought the Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 for my dear brother because winter is upon us and his lips are cracked and bleeding. However, he said the balm was "yucky" and greasy. So he gave it to me to use.  Score one for me, right? 

The Claims about the balm:
" A Kiehl’s classic and #1 bestseller, soothing lips since 1969.
•Temporarily protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips.
•Helps protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather.
•Formulated with soothing emollients Squalane, Lanolin and Sweet Almond Oil as well as Vitamins A and E"
What I liked about the balm:
  • A rich, thick and consistent texture, which reminds me of Vaseline (i.e. petrolatum jelly)
  • Clear/colorless
  • Glides on easily, effortlessly and smoothly
  • Brings instant relief to sore and dry lips without the heaviness or stickiness
  • Unlike other products that sits on top of my lips this balm moisturizes and sinks into the skin
  • Leaves lips smooth and soft
  • Lips appear to be shiny and glossy 
  • Does not irritate the skin
  • A little bit of the balm goes a long way
*The applicator is blunt and uncomfortable to use...*sigh* I wish it was a slant applicator
     What I disliked about the balm:
    • There is no applicator... I strongly dislike using my fingers to apply any lip products
    • It's a bit pricey 15 ml for $12.XX
    • Low on the SPF spectrum - it should be at least 15! 
    • The product is mostly petrolatum jelly - I could have paid a lot less and gotten more product had I purchased a tub of Vaseline
    *The balm melted into a "jelly" consistency on my skin

    Bottom line: The balm is not mind blowing or awesome. It does it's job and nothing more.
    Recommend? No
    Repurchase? No

    2 comments:

    RobinRMT said...

    As the author of a blog that reviews an experience, I truly appreciate your views and thank you for the honest and straight forward style of your blog!! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!!!

    private ro said...

    Some really good reviews its nice to hear reviews from someone who has actually tried the product and is giving a detailed information thanks!

    Post a Comment