Friday, December 31, 2010

A Summary of 2010

Random photo: A close-up of my Chanel ring. 

 2010

This was the year I:  
* lost loved ones;

* was in my first car accident;

* suffered many nights of insomnia;

* worked two jobs and studied full-time;

* attemped to learn ice cream shop "culture";

* returned back to the dating scene and on my first blind date I listened to a guy talk about his hamsters for an hour;

* walked in the shoes of Tom Hansen from 500 Days of Summer i.e. I caught "oneitis" from a boy.


This is the same year that I: 
* graduated with a B.A. With Distinction;

* stood and watched the Stampede fireworks on the roof of an apartment with a glass of red wine in hand. Soaking in the brilliant lights, sound, smell, and companionship of the summer night;

* walked down a pathway on a beautiful autumn afternoon with trees sporting a magnificent array of fall colors. I was enthralled by the sheer beauty of colors reflecting against the brilliant blue of the sky;

* visited the Calgary Young Offender Centre (CYOC) and gained some insights into daily living conditions of the residents;

* went bowling with immigrant children and youths. Seeing their excitements and happiness made my heart melt;

* attended a live orchestra with my dad, and a quaint concert with Jones;

* had a wonderful Vegan dinner with Karen, who I did not see for over 3 years (!), at Gradititude Cafe and had tea at Oolong Tea House;

* expereinced a foodgasm with the calamari at Tribune Restaurant;

* had an amazing "Girl's Night Out" at the quaint Gypsy Bistro & Wine Bar. Five years ago the food was amazing there, currently the food is a bit bland and watery;

* attended a Social Work fundrasing party at Cafe Koi, which was a very cozy lounge;

* had a yummy caesar salad and steak at Jack Astor's Bar and Grill;

* consumed amazing smoked salmon and poached eggs at Diner Deluxe;

* ate delicious fresh fruit waffles at Cora's;

* had a "quiet" ladies night at Jamesons Pub;

* celebrated the end of semster one at The Den with the Social Work gang;

* celebrated Christmas with friends and family at Hong Chou Inn;

* am eternally thankful for my friends and mentors;

* have irrefutable proof that I can always count on my family for support.

In summary, some battles I fought and won. Meanwhile, other fights I lost but I tried (that's what matters the most, right?).  2011 will be an awesome year!

7 comments:

Aimi said...

Wow! You have been so busy - 2 jobs and going to school full time. You're super woman. Take it easy!

Maylin said...

Quit your jobs and you'll have more time to create memories with me. :)

Unknown said...

What a year it has been for you...and those are only the highlights. You are certainly livin' life to the fullest!

Unknown said...

Look at you! I'm not as articulate in summing up my year...or day for that matter, haha.

Unknown said...

RE: I agree! It's better trying than not trying at all; at least you have an answer and you live with no regret! Best wish to you in 2011!!!

Margaret said...

@ Aimi: I wish I was super woman...really I do wish I am her then I would be able to accomplish a lot more!

@Maylin: Haha, soon deary! I'm much freer in the spring and summer!

@ M: You betcha!

@ Jenny: Haha, it just takes practice and it took me a long time to write it up. =(

@ Gigi: thanks! And to you as well!

Unknown said...

Whoa! What a year! Happy 2011! =)

Post a Comment