Friday, March 19, 2010

Review on LUSH Cosmetics: You Snap the Whip Body Butter




Widget: Two photos of  You Snap the Whip Body Butter

As you all may know I tried Buffy (the Backside Slayer) Body Butter and loved it. I can't say the same about You Snap the Whip Body Butter. The bar is made with charcoal and pumice stone, and Macadamia Nut oil.  The body butter has a creamy formula that leaves the skin polished and hydrated, but not soft and silky.  I enjoy the yummy smell of sweet blueberries and black licorice. The scent lightly lingers on the skin for about an hour or two and slowly fades away. However, the bar itself melts incredibly fast, but it can be stored at room temperate just fine.  The body butter does not stain the skin but leaves a mess in the shower; there's black grains from the bar in the tub. Be sure to put some elbow grease in when cleaning up! 

I personally would not repurchase this product because I seek a heavier moisturizer. However, I do recommend You Snap the Whip to people who have normal to oily skin and want to try a light body scrub & non-greasy moisturizer.

Grade: D+

9 comments:

Sally said...

Girly! You're just cranking out reviews like there's no tomorrow. :P Glad to see that you are alive and productive. You've been MIA for sooooo long. I miss ya. OH, FYI, try freezing the body butters before using it...that way it will last longer. GL. <3

Eddy said...

Oh snap! (No, pun intended.) How much trouble did you get into when the parents saw the mess in the tub? Was it a film of grease w/ black bits?

Margaret said...

Thanks Sally. I will give that a try. I also turn off the shower and then rub the bar to conserve them but sadly it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. :(

@ Eddy, the parents never saw the mess. I wasn't hard to clean up, but it's just bothersome.

Amanda said...

Have you been holding the bar for too long? I think you should just quickly glide it over your skin; it will last longer.

Kelsey said...

i like the new layout of your blog. matches the theme. also I love all your photos ~d^_^b~

Jeff said...

Finally some activity on your blog! where you been?!

Tracie said...

I <3 LUSH.

Margaret said...

@ Amanda: I don't think I hold the bar for very long...haha, I'll try to minimize my contact with it to make it last.

@Kelsey. Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :)

@ Jeff: There's a lot of activity behind the scene in my blog, but not upfront. Sorry for the long delay...school keeps me busy.

@ Tracie: I share the same passion. ;)

Unknown said...

ohhhh, i will avoid this product then...:P thanks for the heads up!

Post a Comment